This week I have choosen my
step-mom (I just hate that word) mom Cindy. Today is her birthday! I hope she has a wonderful day!
Cindy has been married to my dad pretty well all my life. Her and I will both say I wasn't always the fondest of her, especially when I was a kid. But somewhere around my teenage years, I think, I finally decided if she stuck around this long she prolly wasn't going anywhere. (Have I ever mentioned she is a very
stubborn determined woman?) And then somewhere around the time I had my little princess I decided she was pretty stinking awesome and I am pretty luck to have her for my "other mother". She loves my kids, my husband, and me very much and we are so happy my dad has her in his life! Plus she came along with some pretty cool bagagge in the form of three great
step-brothers brothers and I got a baby sister out of the deal too!
Happy Birthday Cindy!
***** Note to self - do you realize you have little or no pictures of you and her? She is always looking down! Make her pose for a stinking picture every once in a while would yah?!******
Well, you could have told me, you said all these nice things about me! Here I am tonight, just messing around on the computer, while your dad is in the living room watching TV, and I decide to check your blog to see if you have posted anything new lately, and here I find I'm your featured family member!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I agree with you on the step stuff. I many times just tell people I have six children. I love you and Brent just as if you were mine. I've worried and prayed just as much for you two as I have for all the other children. Well maybe Brent received a tad bit more prayer and worry than you, but that's only because you have never given your dad and I any reason to worry.
We probably don't tell you often enough how very proud we are of you, and how do we ever adequately thank you for giving us such great grandchildren(love the photo of Jack and me.
Thanks for loving and accepting me with all my quirks and strong opinions, I know it's not always easy.