So, I know you all remember that I just recently graduated from RN school. Yeah me! Did you all remember that I had that one last test to take - my nursing boards test?
Well I took those boards, on July 7th. I kept telling everyone 7/7 had to be a lucky day! So I went up the night before and stayed at my dad's house, I had to be there bright and early at 7:30 am. The test is a computer adaptive test which basically means that if you get questions right they give you harder and harder questions until they feel you have passed a certain number of hard questions. The minimum number of questions is 75, the maximum is 265. Big range here huh? Prior to my test date, 4 others from my class had taken the test, all of them got 75 questions and they all passed. So I am feeling pretty good about my odds, but they all took a $400 review course that I did not take, I went to the beach instead. Priorities right?
Anywho, I got there, had to do fingerprints, palmprints, give a DNA sample (ok not) and got situated at my computer. I remember looking at the clock on my computer and it read 7:45. I remember a brief prayer of a clear head and calm. And so I began. The first question wasn't so bad, I felt pretty confident, I must have gotten it right because they kept getting harder. I remember I got lots of OB/Newborn which was a huge blessing for me! I recall seeing question #68 and then quit paying attention to what question I was on because I knew I would get myself all worked up if I got to #75 and had to keep going. The next thing I remember is a big blue screen, I had a brief moment of panic thinking oh no the computer froze I have to start over blah blah blah. Then I realized I was done.
I left there (practically running) feeling so confident that I had passed. But 48 hours is a long to wait to get results and of course by Friday morning I had myself convinced I had failed.
Friday morning I had to work. At Salem they are super strict about what websites you can and can't access. Luckily I was able to get onto the website for my results. Of course I had about 10 people standing around me as I was looking them up. But guess what? I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I printed out that paper, highlighted the part that said passed and showed it to anyone and everyone that would look. When I got home that night my family had me a wonderful cake made, dinner cooked, Hannah made me a certificate that said #1 Nurse! It was one of the most memorable days ever! I still sometimes tell my husband - "Do you realize you are married to an RN?" He just laughs. I love it! And I am so glad this phase of my life has come to an end!
Congrats! What a great story! I am also glad you are back in the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Still...I can't read the top of your blog, for me it starts at "got 75 questions and they all passed"...the top is just green...is it just me?!
ReplyDeleteAshley, I think it is just you cause other people haven't said anything. If someone else is having the same trouble let me know.
ReplyDelete