I am very excited to announce that today I start a new Weight Loss Challenge. The hospital is hosting a contest for employees. There is a $5 entry fee, the competition last 12 weeks, and I could win $250! Wouldn't that be nice in October for Christmas! There are also weekly prizes. An added bonus is that for every pound lost by employees the hospital is going to donate $5 to the backpack program in Salem. I am not 100% sure but I believe this program helps put food in backpacks so that needy kids have healthy snacks at home over the weekend. Pretty cool huh!
The contest starts this week so I don't have any loss to report yet, but I wanted to share my plan of action. I am going to be counting points again and I am going to be walking on my 4 days off each week. I have downloaded a Couch to 5K program that I am going to try. I plan on taking the kids with me, they can ride their bikes in town while I take advantage of the great bike/walking trail we have in St. James.
I am super excited about this. I have struggled with weight gain ever since I went back to school and have tried to shed the pounds but between school work and family it just never happened.
BTW this is my first "scheduled post". I have never taken advantage of that before but since it is Weigh-In Wednesday I figured I would!
I was recently told that walking is actually more beneficial if you're trying to lose weight. Just thought I'd share! :o) If running a 5K is your goal, that's one thing. But if losing weight is more of your goal, you might want to consider brisk walks.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hope you enjoy the time playing with your kids at the park. If the weightloss doesn't happen the way you want, at least you have the great memories together!
ReplyDeleteAre you going to walk in the evenings? I would love to have a walking partner. Justin and I used to walk in the mornings, now we can't get up when the alarm goes off at 4:45! I also read that jogging and running are worse for your knees and you benefit more from brisk walks.
ReplyDelete