Sunday, January 10, 2010

Why didn't you tell me?

Ok, I got two bones to pick with you gals:
1. Why didn't anyone tell me that dieting is hard? I mean seriously, I know I know this but for some reason I didn't believe it this time. I mean it is day 3 and my flex points are in a negative balance. How does this happen? It's like once I tell myself I am gonna be careful it makes it even worse. Oh well, I am still writing what I bite hopefully it will get better.
2. Little boys should sit on the toilet backwards. I am serious on this one. Jack is finally interested in potty training so today he decided to wear his spider man undies. So we sit on the cute little cushy potty chair I bought. Umm, I guess my kid is ginormous or something but he looked like Shaq sitting in a kindergarten chair. So I thought well Hannah has this ring thing she used to put on the toilet. Got him up there, looked great. Pee, well um, everywhere. So the next time around I thought him, there has to be a better way. So I turned him around. Ding ding ding! We have a winner, pee went into water and Jack didn't fall in. I don't know if it is maybe because we have oval toilets instead of round but it worked great. Only down side is you have to take their pants completely off. Anyway, after that he proceeded to pee in his spidies three times so we went back to diapers. I am fine with that because I do not think he is ready. But I will still continue to encourage him!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!
    When I potty trained my little boy (and planning on doing it with the second too) I made him stand to pee- and he hit the water everytime. He could not sit on a potty chair either, I agree w/the Shaq comparison - so we sold it!
    Everyone warned me about teaching him to sit - but he never needed to, he could always reach the toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I can't help you on the potty training, but how many points do you get a day? I just started tracking and it is amazing how fast the points go. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also doing weight watchers and I hear ya on the flex points!!! I have 3 boys and when the older two potty trained i had them stand on a stool and stand up.... they liked shooting it into the water like daddy.... :-)

    ReplyDelete