Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly Update

Here is a run down of our week:

Jack - has now pooped and peed on the potty. He is officially potty trained! I am so excited. I truly believe this was a blessing from God. He only wears diapers at night now and 75% of the time he is dry when he wakes up.

Hannah - continues to do well in school. She goes to gymnastics on Monday night and loves it.

Both kids are seriously suffering from cabin fever. Reading between the lines this means my kids are out of control right now! It is a constant battle. I cannot wait until spring is here. All of us will be so much happier.

Scott - he is working hard at Mehlville Fire, and loves his job. I love that things have settled down and he has really started helping me out alot at home. I am so thankful for this. Having a husband that works hard and helps at home is a huge blessing!

I went back for my final semester of RN school. In less than 4 months I will be a graduate nurse. Sometime in June I will take my boards. I am so excited for my new adventure. I have a couple of promising leads at St. John's, but if they don't work out I know I can find a job at the hospital also. I have been trying to decide when I will go back for my bachelor's degree. Initially I thought I would go right away. Now I am leaning more toward let's give my family a year or so to relax. Plus I am sure I will have enough stress settling into my new role as an RN. On top of all that we really want to add to our family this year, another reason to take a year or two off. I would really like to lose some weight before I get pregnant again which leads me to the other exciting news this week. Thanks to Chrissy blogging about her Biggest Loser competition! I was telling the girls that I work with about the Owensville competition and one of them is a captain on the St. John's Relay for Life team, so they decided to start at competition at St. John's. I am so excited. I didn't realize how awesome it is to have support at work! Kendra and Amy are on my team and I love them. Friday it was hilarious (the first day) we were all whining about how hungry we were. We had our little WW books out trying to figure out a low point snack. It was a hoot! Our competition ends April 16th and I would really like to lose at least 10% in that time, which equals about 22.5 pounds. Yes I realize I just told you all how much I weigh, but I don't care. Obesity is such an epidemic right now, instead of being ashamed of where we start I think we should celebrate where we are heading. Anyway, that was a bit of a soap box, oh well. Let the fun begin. We all joke about how we are gonna sabatoge or temp the other teams, but I never would. I hope our team wins but if we don't it is no biggie. I figure we win if we lose something.

Have a great weekend everyone! I love you all!

Jaimee

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Good Luck to your team!!!
    And we have cabin-fever SUPER BAD too!!!!
    I was hopeful when it was 60 out - but now they are calling for snow again! Yuck!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimee-Good luck on the contest! Losing 10% is a great goal! And yes cabin fever is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete