Thursday, January 7, 2010

Who's ready to get fired up??

About what? Getting healthy! I know I am. I have read or heard people talk about their "aha" moment or the day the lights went on or some say the day they hit rock bottom. Whatever you wanna call it, I had mine. You wanna know what it is? Probably the worst possible thing that could happen to a woman. You know those things they should teach all men not to say. Yep, my bosses husband asked me how my pregnancy was going..... Now in his defense we do have someone in our office who is pregnant and he thought it was me. In my defense the scrubs I had on were not form fitting. But, I am sure that I could pass for 5 months pregnant easily. So with that being said, I am headed to the cabinet to get out my Weight Watchers points stuff.

So my little cheerleading blog friends, here I go. Cheer me on, keep posting posts that are encouraging and are gonna make me jealous about how much weight you have lost (Chrissy & Kim). I personally intend to pray everyday for self control over food and the energy to get moving. The adventure begins now.

6 comments:

  1. You go, girl! I'll commit to pray for you every day. I have been doing the treadmill since Monday, not up to the 30 minutes a day yet, but I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know how you feel about someone asking how the pregnancy is going. I had that happen to me twice, and when you are going through fertility treatments that is so upsetting. Anyways I have not lost as much as I wanted to, but I keep making small goals and I am achieving them. I found that making many small goals and rewarding myself with other things besides food is very helpful. I do hope that you post your progress and if you need motivation or someone to cheer you on let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Now if only I could get my rear in gear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My moment was when I changed insurance companies and they asked me my height and weight. Well, I didn't want to lie "too bad" (ha!) so I gave them a weight that was about 20 pounds lighter than I am. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was called back the next day and told my rates had increased because I was no longer in the "preferred" category because of my weight. I am in the "standard" category. I just couldn't believe it. It was really hard for me. And I didn't even tell them my real weight! So 20 pounds from now I am still not in the preferred category. Ugh.

    So I wish you the best. It's difficult, but I just keep praying! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I found that packing my lunch the night before was really helpful and limited spontaneous trips to the gas station before work to get a quick food item.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Jaimee - you are an inspiration!
    I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete