Here is how my turkey day went, but first a little background info. Go back 11 months, last year we had a stomach virus at our house on Christmas (3 out of 4 of us) so we didn't attend Christmas at my dad's house AND Scott's mom spent Christmas in the hospital so we didn't celebrate Christmas Eve with them like we always do. So fast forward to September 26 - Hannah has strep. September 28 - Jackson has strep. October 29 - Hannah has strep again. November 18 - Jackson has strep again. November 20 - you guessed it, Hannah strep X 3. But wait for it - November 25 - Mommy has strep. Now let me tell you about strep for all you lucky people who don't have tonsils anymore. Kids seem to recover very quickly. 24 hours of antibiotics and they are bouncing off the walls again. It is great, much better than a virus that is contagious forever and wears them down (sarcasm here guys). But as an adult it is one of the worst possible things, the fever is horrendous, your body aches, I went from freezing under 4 blankets to drenched in sweat multiple times. If I didn't know I had strep I would equate it to influenza (which I have thankfully never had). Tuesday night I kinda started feeling bad while getting my hair done, then overnight I had the fever - 101.7 to be exact. Woke up with no fever so called the doctor, got on an antibiotic and thought I will be fine, caught it early enough, no worries for Thanksgiving dinner, I will have been on my antibiotic 24 hours - don't have to worry about sharing it with anyone. I was wrong. I was so sick. I sent my family to have Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's and to celebrate Miss Hannah's 7th birthday while I layed in bed all day. I even debated about going to the ER but knew I could drive myself there. So I took extra motrin, benedryl to help me sleep, my antibiotic of course and went to bed. This morning I woke up at 7:15 and the headache and body aches are gone. My throat is still killing me but I can deal with that. It is amazing how much better I feel today.
What am I thankful for this year? I am thankful for antibiotics that still work to fight off strep. And hey, courtesy of Mr. Strep (has to be a male bacteria, a female bacteria would pay more attention to holiday gatherings - LOL) I lost 3 pounds in two days.
And of course I did no Black Friday shopping.
Bummer - hope you are 100% Soon!!!!
ReplyDelete