Wednesday, March 10, 2010

70

What is significant about 70? Let me tell you. In 70 days I will be graduating from RN school!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I am starting to get to the point where I can look back and be proud of how far I have come. I have made such good friends in Nursing school and am gonna be really, really sad when we all graduate. I have gotten very used to spending my days next to Jinna and Michelle. Anyway - in honor of my 70 days remaining I am compiling a list.

The top 7 things I am gonna do when nursing school is over!
1. Go to Florida! Yep! Can't wait!
2. Relax (see #1)
3. Get my house in order! I hate the feeling like it is always half-clean and closets that are busting at the seams and dirty window sills and oh wow the list could go on and on.
4. Spend time with my kids! This will start at #1 and continue day after day after day. I hate that I feel like my kiddos have suffered, I hope they remember seeing their mom work hard to achieve a goal and not resent the time I had to spend studying.
5. Be the wife my husband deserves! He has been a trooper through all this (for the record he went through paramedic school first, this was the deal). But I do know it has been hard on him too. He has had to deal with a cranky, mean, exhausted, frustrated wife.
6. Have a baby! Yep! We really, truly want to have another baby and hope it happens soon!
7. Give back. So many friends and family members have helped us through this process, I hope I can return the favor to them or pay it forward to someone else.

Anyway, suddenly 70 days does not seem so far away!

6 comments:

  1. YAY - to you for all of the above!!!!!
    I am so excited for you for
    1. nursing school
    2. vacation
    3. baby
    what excitement!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I kind of understand what you mean. I do REALLY love being a student and learning and studying (I know, not many people are like me!!). But I know how cool it is to taste success in a graduation.

    I have also really thought about being a nurse. Specifically, I would like to be a post partum nurse. I had the best patient care follow Daniel's birth that I am kind of actually lookfing forward to returning the next time I give labor! I think nursing is such a compassionate and practical job. You get to help people and make them feel better, even just by offering a smile or listening. I never realized how rewarding it is for me to comfort other people and help them to feel better.

    Of course, nursing school would be another chance to learn, so maybe I am being selfish! I would need about 18 months to do the Bachelor's program at MU, since I have most of the prerequistes already.

    I will let you know if this ever happens!

    I hope you write more and more about your new role as a nurse. And as a hopeful (again) mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for everything! :o) You are such a great nurse, Jaimee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! See there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear about it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT NEWS!!! That is AWESOME! Something to be very proud of!!!! You'll have to let me know where you are working...maybe I'm become a patient that will get to see you. I just think you are so sweet! You will need to reward yourself after you graduate!!!

    ReplyDelete