So in the past week and a half I have been doing alot of thinking, soul searching you might call it. Here are some of the questions I have been pondering:
Am I the only mom out there who reads other people's blogs and feels like the crappiest parent/wife in the world? Or doubts her status as a "Christian" because I don't proclaim it on every post?
Why is it people will post stuff on facebook that is just down right mean and hurtful? What kind of example is that?
Why do I feel like my worth on this earth is determined by what other people think of me instead of how I feel? Why do I allow people to make me or my family feel this way?
Why do I feel my attractiveness is based on my pant size? Can I not be attractive at a 16? Do only single digits = beauty? If they don't why do I think they do?
Am I the only mom out there that is ok with her kids eating sugar, staying up late during the summer, playing until they drop, and gets a kick out of their attitudes? Seriously, I don't want a "Yes Sir" child, I don't want my daughter to grow up without her own ideas and feel she can't go against the grain because it might be construed as misbehaving. Would I want her to go along with something I morally object to just because everyone else is? No I would want her to be strong and do the right thing. Do I realize that she needs to learn the balance between being disrespectful and having her own opinions? Yes I absolutely do, but I don't want my kids to just do what they are told. I want them to understand why they are doing something. Did George Washington "obey" his orders from the English, or did he go on to be the first president of this great country?
Anyway, this could go on to be a very long post if I "let it all out", but I am not going to. However, I am going to be shutting down my blog in a few days. I need to quit comparing myself to everyone else and concentrate on being the best Christian, mom, wife, and nurse I can be. Don't take offense, but I won't be reading your blogs. Not for a while anyway. But I would love some good old fashioned girl talk, so feel free to call me up anytime or send me an email.
I hate comparing, too. It makes me feel bitter and ugly on the inside. I understand!
ReplyDeleteJaimee Marcee, How can you feel bad about yourself after all that you have accomplished and overcome?! You are a wonderful mother and wife and don't let anyone make you feel any different! If we spend our lives comparing ourselves to everone else we will never be happy!!
ReplyDeleteI do on the other hand know how it can be so easy to feel this way! I closed my facebook account over a month ago because no good was coming out of it anyway. I was using it for all of the wrong reasons and got so tired of the negative and horrible things that people were saying on there. I think some times we need a break where we can stop and focus on the important things, so I think that you are making the right decision, although I will miss you!
Just keep your chin up and remember that you are a beautiful person inside and out! I will be praying for you, that you can see this and believe it!
Let me know if you need a night out with the girls. I am game!
Love Ya - Cheryl
I have similar feelings often. I blogged about it over a year ago
ReplyDeletehttp://chrissyrenee79.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-want-to-be.html
and I STILL need to be reminded not to compare myself to others!
Jaimee... I am so sad to see you feeling this way. You are the person that makes me feel like a 'normal' or a 'good' mom. You always encourage me when I am feeling down about letting my girls have candy and drink chocolate milk. You always encourage me and make me feel like a better person.
ReplyDeleteI think that we all to often don't remind ourselves that each person is different and that's ok! That each person needs to raise their children their own way and usually each child differently.
I think that each families finances and living situations are different. I think that each persons body is built differently.
I try very very hard to not judge myself against other woman, moms, wifes and friends... I try very hard to be happy and content with where I am in my life.
I hope that you can find the happiness and contentment that you need!
You have an amazing family!
You are an amazing wife!!!
You are a GREAT mommy!!!
And I am sure an awesome nurse!
Hang in there... I will miss your blog!
I will miss your blog. I always love seeing and hearing updates on your family. I hate it that we don't ever see each other in real life! But, I totally understand. I go through stages where I compare myself as well, and I hate that feeling. I think sometimes it's really important for us to kind of "hole up" and concentrate on just our family. It's really all about what works for each of us individually. I enjoy reading others blogs because sometimes I get ideas that actually for us, but mostly I enjoy reading others blogs because I see how unique we are as a family. I see that everyone is so different, and that's what makes the world go round! Take care, and shoot me an email or give me a call...we really should see each other more than we do!
ReplyDelete