This week has been, well interesting.
Sunday - started out with a trip for myself to Dr After Hours; diagnosis strep. I return home expecting to sleep all day and get better quickly but Mr. Marcee had other ideas. Won't go into details on that one, needless to say he was no Josh Adams.
Monday - stayed home because of strep. Took Jack to Dr. Rao because he had this cold that would not go away and turned to pretty green snot Sunday; diagnosis sinus infection.
Tuesday - went to work, still not doing the best but no headache or fever. Decided to have a quick recheck with Dr. Sievers; diagnosis strep AND ear infection. New antibiotic. Played UNO that night with Hannah where she had her divine exclamation.
Wednesday - work, feeling better by the afternoon. Jack good, diarrhea (yes TMI) from Augmentin. Hannah great! Sigh of relief that this week is gonna get turned around after all.
Thursday - good day, had eye Doctor appt, Scott went to Hannah's Christmas party, I went to work. Scott & Jack great. Hannah complaining about her stomach but had soooooo much junk at her party we assumed it was related to this. She claims she drank "like 4 gallons of soda and that made my belly hurt"
Friday - 4:00 am Hannah running frantic to our room screaming "Mommy I need you" and then runs back out. I of course bolt out of bed to see what is wrong and she is standing at the kitchen trash can vomiting. She insists she is feeling better after the "episode". She goes back to bed. I get up at my usual time, get ready, get Jack and Hannah up to get ready. Hannah tried so hard, but she says to me "Mom, I just feel so funny when I stand up" and then goes to her bucket to vomit again. So we stayed home. She was so upset, didn't get to give her teacher her gift, almost had perfect attendance for December.
I am seriously starting to wear down on all this. Why? Why must my family be so sick this year? Am I carrying the germs home from work? I feel like we have a pretty good diet. I don't even run the kids around alot like we have in the past. I do not understand this at all. And this is very frustrating for me because I am a nurse. I know what to do and what not to do. I get the handwashing and isolation guidelines.
So, please pray for me and my family during this rough time. Pray that we can obtain good health before Christmas.
I hope you all get well and can have a wonderful Christmas! Being sick is never fun... it has been through our house too.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! Hope you all get better...and stay better...soon!
ReplyDeleteYou better get well before Christmas, you are not allowed to miss another holiday!
ReplyDelete