Monday, September 28, 2009

Health Update and odd ??????

So here is our update: Hannah is doing much better, went to school today with no problems. Drum roll please. . . . . . . . . . . . . Now Jackson has strep!!!!!!!!!! I wonder when it will be my turn? So now would everyone please pray that Jack has a quick recovery like Hannah and that I don't get it! Which leads to my odd ?????? Do you guys believe that God tries to tell us things through events OR that he doesn't give us more than we can handle? Let me explain further - I am at a very difficult crossroad right now. In case you haven't heard my life is a little stressful right now with Scott being gone during the week, school, work, and two kids. So is God trying to tell me via my kids being sick that this plan of mine isn't what he has in mind for me OR is he trying to show me that I am superwoman and with his help I can do all kinds of things - similar to what an RN might do? If this was happening last year when I was just starting nursing school I would have dropped out a long time ago. Now of course I am not far from being done so do I just suck it up and plow on through or drop and return to my life before nursing school? You see at one point I felt a great calling to be an RN, that I could really help alot of people by treating them with dignity and respect and along the way put a little glimpse of Christ in their eyes. Currently I feel so discouraged I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, what is your opinion of fasting?

3 comments:

  1. Big question. No, I believe God often allows us to experience more than we can handle on our own. It's in those times when we must fully rely on Him. "God never gives you more than you can handle" is misquoted scripture. I have written about it before I had a blog. Might need to write about it again.

    Could you be more specific on your question regarding fasting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please enlighten me Chrissy! I need all the help I can get right now. As far as the fasting question - sometimes you hear people talking about praying and fasting about things that are troubling to them. Now I wasn't thinking about fasting for myself more along the lines of my poor lost brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaim, you should ask Mom about fasting. She has done it a lot over the years.

    ReplyDelete