Monday, August 24, 2009

While I was away. . .

OK so I have neglected my blog. I dunno why, well actually that is a lie. I recently found facebook and farmville. Of course at first I was glued to my computer watching my friend number rise higher and higher and now I am thinking There is no way I have that many "friends", acquaintances yes, friends no way. So now I am thinking that I opened a can of worms I wish I could close. Cause of course now I find pictures of me floating around the Internet, do I really want them there? I dunno. I have found pictures of my kids. Again I must ask do I want them out there? I definitely do not. Do I think people should be able to post pictures without your permission. ABSOLUTELY NOT! So now I am considering shutting down my facebook. Not sure yet, just thinking about it. Plus it is such a waste of time, seriously I have so much other stuff I could be doing like being with my kids, studying, working on my house, the list could go on and on and on. But the positive spin is that I have talked to people on facebook that I haven't seen in years and think it is so cool. So I just have to rethink the way I interact with facebook. And seriously if you are reading this and you have posted pics of my kids please consider removing them. I am glad that you are thinking of my kids enough to post them on your wall, but with all the weirdos out there in this world I just don't know if I want them out there. Sorry, hope that doesn't hurt any one's feelings. . .

So what has been going on in my life lately? Well I started back to school last Monday. Yeah me! Hannah started back to school the week before that. Scott is loving his new job! Jackson is growing like a weed. Over the weekend we did lots of cool stuff. Saturday the kids and I went to Maramec Springs and made S'Mores in our front yard, Sunday we went to Rylee's 2nd birthday party. It was an awesome weekend, we had perfect weather. Reminds me that fall is just around the corner and I love fall!

So this week I will try to post some pics from our weekend, I got some cute pictures at Maramec Springs of the kids. Also, I think I am gonna up the security on my blog so if you are reading this don't freak out if later this week you have to have an "invitation". Just shoot me an email and I will be glad to send it to you! I don't want to leave anyone out, I just want to make it more private. Have a great Monday everybody! I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. oh - so there with you - I had over 600 facebook friends at first, during my initial obsession, then I DELETED everyone that I didn't talk to, why have an account with everyone you have ever met in your whole life??? (is my opinion) If I don't talk to them - I dont want them on my fb! I think it puts too much emphasis on the number of friends you have not the quality friendships for kids, which I think is horrible for my children to think it is better to know 1000 people than have 5 good friends.... enough on my soapbox - but I can't turn down friend requests - so I wait until it gets up over 300 then I delete everyone I haven't talked to in the last six months via phone, email, blog or facebook.... or good ol' face to face!!!!!

    ALSO - I do not think I have any pics of your kids on there -ever!!! If I do let me know - all I have are my profile pics - I deleted the rest because I just don't think all the people on fb are that interested in my kids, etc. If they are they get emails/read my blog.....

    anywho - I need an invite to read your blog and you have my email ..... (I also made my blog private because I didn't want a child molester or psycho reading it and hunting me down since I post pics/updates for family on there!!! So I understand)
    Glad you are back - and I have never played farmville, but John is obsessed with the bejeweled marathons or something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite me if you turn your blog to private! :o) Email chrissyrenee79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! ashleyredburn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete